Saturday 15 September 2007

Saturday

Good gracious, it is pouring outside! The rain is bouncing off of a tin bucket outside making a POING! noise. My good friend is here, she came up just for last night and is leaving again later today. We might go to sneakers for breakfast, and indeed, I do hope we do! Last night there was a chocolate pecan pie:
And then we ate it. Very good, a little too rich for eating quickly, though. I would very much like to take the day off, stay in my bed, and read books read books read books! But, alas! I must go to work, and there is a party at my friends' house which should be fun, although to be completely honest, I am a little wary of going.
What sounds appealing for tonight is settling in with some good campy horror films circa 1980's and drinking. Apparently I am being contrary to all of my plans that sounded good earlier this week. Perhaps it is the nicotine withdrawal.

However, the Burlington poetry journal will be coming out next month! I am going to scan a copy into here, and then it will be preserved digitally for....a long while! We are still working on the name, and will certainly be relieved when that has been sorted out...
But yes, it will be good and I am excited to see what happens, how many issues we can print, what sort of response from the community we get, and if we can manage to get some kind of recognition from places like www.sevendaysvt.com which would be ideal.

In any case, I should get dressed and wash up before my friends call.

Willow~

No comments: