Wednesday 12 September 2007

Liar

I find it a problem when someone comes up to me and says: "I don't have a problem with gay people or whatever but they need to not hit on me! They should keep it to themselves!" There is something very wrong with this statement--it is the most hypocritical thing I hear on an almost daily basis--and yet most of these people believe that they are being perfectly reasonable. Now obviously it is okay not to be okay about homosexuality and bisexuality. But please, can we be honest with ourselves? If one has a problem with being approached by a person of the same gender, but NOT by someone of the opposite gender, then one is homophobic. This seems pretty clear to me. Strangely, the above statement seems to come mainly from the mouths of women referring to other women. Not by men. Why is that?

Anyone who offers a reasonable explanaition gets a cookie.

Willow~

No comments: