Wednesday 2 April 2008

In Memory...

Prayer for Remembering

Full moons bring apples fallen from dark trees.

Dark trees leave shadows for the sun to find.

I find small gnomes in tree-hollows, mossy.

Underneath the roots there lives my Mother

filling Herself

with leaves.

She grows upward into birds’ nests woven.

She never sleeps but brings us new surprises:

aurora, snow-scapes, honey bees and stars.

Goddess, allow me to always see your

beauty. Allow me to understand your sounds

of constant

awakening life.

Forgive my broken spirits when I’m blind

to the comfort in your snow blankets. Deep

whiteness echoing greener grass than black

summer nights, forcing stars to fight the street

lamps. Forgive me for doubting your laughter

during melancholy

sleepless nights.

3 comments:

(Ken) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
(Ken) said...

...trees leave shadows for the sun to find...
...blind to the comfort in your snow blankets...
...forcing stars to fight the street lamps...

The imagery is riveting, a sublime transcription of emotion and a commanding incantation of experience. Your poetry whirls in my thougths days after the first reading

(Ken) said...

Sorry about the delete and re-post.... I noticed a typo, but fixed it. BTW, thank you for your wonderful comments on the sketch. I shared them with Daniela and she smiled. She also laughed about the graph paper comment. Your observations (wild and free) lured me back to the day I first met her and my first impression of her..., which included a similar assessment. Hope your cell-ing, knitting and writing are all doing well.