Wednesday 16 January 2008

School

I have pretty much been sucking at writing. Writing anything. In the past month I've produced one poem and one post in here which was really just an excuse to put up a picture of my knitting. In order to remedy both of these problems I am vowing to post my creative non-fiction homework. Maybe once I start writing again on a regular basis (because I have to), it will loosen my brain and I will also be able to write some poetry.
Maybe?


In any case, the books we are reading for class are:
Illuminations Walter Benjamin
Under the Sign of Saturn Susan Sontag
Nobody Knows My Name James Baldwin
Seduction and Betrayal Elizabeth Hardwick
The Tests of Time William Gass.

2 comments:

(Ken) said...

I like your blog. I too have listed graph paper as one of my interests. Couldn't believe anyone else would share in my adoration of quadrille parchment. Long time ago, I taught at UVM, Anthropology ...and my best students were the writers, the poets, the ones who skillfully knitted ideas and experience...I miss those days )more than a decade ago). Good luck with your writing...and your knitting :)

Willow said...

Thank you very much!