Thursday 18 October 2007

Secretary


My current film obsession is Secretary (2002) starring Maggie Gyllenhaal, James Spader, and directed by Steven Shainberg. I love the kinky sexual references, and the allure that is attached to Maggie's role as a secretary. It is also pleasing to experience a film where self-mutilation is treated sympathetically and with some realism. Secretary is, in fact, Maggie's first starring role, and she does an excellent job. I think that it was brave of her to play in a role where she would need to be completely nude. But above all, this film is about two people whose unusual kinks (both sexually and emotionally) come together to create a normal, balanced relationship. I am not one for romantic comedies, but this film is an exceptional one that I would recommend to anyone with an open mind.

Love,
Willow~

No comments: